Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
Interested in the Catholic Faith?
We enthusiastically welcome you to join us on our spiritual journey! If you have an interest, or know of someone who may be interested in the Church, please give us a call at (973) 838-0031. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) - is the process through which adults and teens are fully incorporated into the Catholic faith. Sessions consist of personal reflection on the Sunday scriptures and presentations on topics related to Catholicism. Adults wishing to receive any of the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Eucharist, Confirmation) or make their profession of faith in the Catholic Church are welcome, as well as Catholics interested in learning more about their faith. Contact: Parish Office.
An Invitation to Our Visitors
RCIA (The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is the process by which non-Catholic adults learn about the Catholic Church and gradually become full members. Each year, adults are welcomed into the Catholic Community through RCIA. It is a learning and loving process in which conversion of the heart brings you to Jesus Christ.
The RCIA is a contemporary approach to our ancient faith. We welcome everyone who is interested in learning about the Catholic Church. This program will present the Catholic faith journey in an open and comfortable environment.
The RCIA is a journey of faith through:
- the initial stages of asking and seeking
- involvement with Christian/Catholic people
- hearing the Gospel proclaimed and by faithful reflection and prayer on this Word of God
- study and discussion about the Catholic experience
- doubts and hesitations
- discernment of God's call for them as individuals
- the steps of commitment
- the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
The RCIA is for adults who:
- are interested in learning more about the Catholic Church
- have never celebrated Baptism
- have celebrated Baptism in another faith and are interested in the Catholic Church
- are baptized Catholics who have not yet received Eucharist or Confirmation
- are married to a Catholic and attend Mass but just don't know what the next step is to become one of the Catholic faithful